Sunday 8 May 2011

Clay Country Plastic

I am very excited to have been given a place on a series of expeditions being organised by Cape Farewell. Called 'Shortcourse/UK' and run in conjunction with University College Falmouth and The Eden Project, it's described as "an initiative that looks to question and reform society’s notions of what art education can be". The general idea is to combine environmental and ecological thinking with art - thus using art and creative thinking to communicate ideas and issues about the environment and climate change.

I am by no means a photographer and only possess a standard digital camera, nothing fancy, but I thought I'd share some of the photos that I took on the first expedition on Friday. After starting at The Eden Project with an early morning sweat lodge ceremony, we then spent the rest of the day following the trails around the site in 'clay country' and thinking about the ecology of the landscape around us.

I spent most of the day thinking about the tug of war between man and nature, but the other thing that kept jumping out at me was the plastic rubbish. Now, as a tourist trail, I suppose this is inevitable, but none-the-less it served to remind me again of the plastic impact.






No comments:

Post a Comment